The Policy relates only to Tales From The Kitchen Shed and we reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time without notice. That being the case, we suggest you frequently return to review this Policy as any changes will take effect immediately they are posted on the Site.
We urge you to avoid submitting overtly sensitive personal information to the Site. However, if you do submit such information, it will be subject to the Policy as set out below.
Section 1: Personal Information We May Collect
- 1.1 When you visit the Site we may automatically collect certain information about: your device; your web browser and operating system; your IP address; time zone; some of the cookies installed on your device. We may also collect information about the individual web pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site, including links clicked. Cookies may be used to personalise your visit on the Site (including to ensure a visitor is not repeatedly presented with the same advertisements) and these may be session cookies (which expire once your browser is closed) or persistant cookies which remain in your browser until they are deleted. Further information on cookies is contained within Section 5 of this policy.
- 1.2 Additionally, we may collect personal information (such as but not limited to your name and email address) which you voluntarily supply to the Site. It may be, for example, you leave a comment on a post or submit a contact form and this would necessarily involve you voluntarily submitting personal information.
Section 2: Your Consent And What We Do With Your Personal Information
- 2.1 Personal information collected may be used for the following purposes: to maintain the ongoing function and administration of the Site; to respond to comments and enquiries; to investigate instances of illegal, unauthorised or inappropropiate activity concerning the Site; to provide administrative alerts concerning (but not limited to) security, policy updates, technical issues or legal matters; to track and statistically analyse the Site’s performance, including that of any advertising displayed.
- 2.2 If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, such as receiving our newsletter, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent. That is to say, you will need to make an active and conscious choice to give your consent.
- 2.3 When you voluntarily provide personal information to interact with the Site, we imply you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific purpose.
- 2.4 Notwithstanding certain extreme instances in Section 2.1, we will not send you information or materials unless you actively opt-in to receive them.
- 2.5 If, after opting-in to receive information or materials, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us by email: email@example.com
Section 3: Disclosure Of Personal Information
- 3.1 We will not sell, distribute, or reveal your personal information without your consent. In the unlikely event of a third party acquiring the Site (wholly or in part, either by purchase or proceedings) inevitably the third party will have access to some or all of your personal information relating to the Site. That said, your right to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information held by the Site remains the same and you can contact the Site by email to request any changes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.2 We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or as may be necessary if your conduct attempts to violate or subvert the good standing, reputation or proper operation of the Site.
Section 4: Third Party Use Of Personal Information
- 4.1 We may use third party providers in the operation, maintenance and optimisation of the Site. Any such third parties maintain their own privacy policies and you are urged to familiarise yourself with the relevant privacy policies.
- Currently, the Site uses Google Analytics as a third party to collate information such as a referring URL and actions users complete whilst on the Site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address but not other personal information. Privacy Policies relating to Google can be accessed here: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- 4.2 With your explicit consent we may share your information with third parties not listed in Section 4.1
- 4.3 Details of third parties concerned with advertising on the Site can be found in Section 8
Section 5: Cookies
Section 6: Newsletters And Emailed Information
- 6.1 From time to time we may send newletters or information by email to individual subscribers who have opted-in to our mailing list. These communications may be used for advertising purposes as well as to provide information. Tracking pixels are likely to be embedded in emails/newletters to aid the analysis of online marketing campaigns. Tracking pixels allow us to determine if and when an email is opened and when individual links within the message are followed. Tracking pixel analysis has the potential for us to tailor future newsletters and emails to the interests of subscribers.
Section 7: External Links To Other Websites
- 7.1 The Site may contain links to other websites – external links. If you follow any of these links you are leaving Tales From The Kitchen Shed and we have no control or influence over how other websites conduct themselves. As such, we are not and can not be responsible for the protection of any information you share (voluntarily of otherwise) whilst visiting other websites. You should verify the details of the privacy policies under which other websites operate to ensure you are satisfied your personal information is being handled appropriately.
- 7.2 Other websites may be subject to the laws of jurisdictions where privacy policies may not be sufficiently robust so examining the details of such policies is strongly recommended.
Section 8: Advertising
- 8.1 Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
- 8.2 Amazon Affiliate Program Participation
The Site participates in the Amazon Associates Program. This program is an opportunity for participants to earn fees by including advertising links to products for sale on Amazon websites.
The Site will only provide Amazon links to products which feature in posts, have been used by the Site’s contributors or are know to the Site’s contributors.
Details concerning Amazon’s Privacy Policies are available here and by following links contained therein.
Section 9: Your Rights, Questions And Contact Information
- 9.1 If you have opted-in to receive emails from the Site (eg, newsletter or updates information) you can simply request we remove you from our mailing list if you no longer wish to hear from us. Every communication from us will have an “Unsubscribe” link within it or you could send your unsubscribe request to: email@example.com
- 9.2 If you wish to access, amend or delete your personal information as retained by the Site, please contact us in the first instance using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9.3 Please be aware there may be instances where we are required to retain certain information relating to transactions and interactions or when required by law.
Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“the Terms”) relate to the website: Tales From The Kitchen Shed (“the Site”)
Tales From The Kitchen Shed can be accessed via https://www.talesfromthekitchenshed.com, www.talesfromthekitchenshed.com or talesfromthekitchenshed.com
The Terms relate only to Tales From The Kitchen Shed and we reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time without notice. That being the case, we suggest you frequently return to review these Terms of Service as any changes will take effect immediately they are posted on the Site.
- By accessing the Site directly, or by accessing the Site’s content (wholly or in part) by any other means, users are explicitly confirming their acceptance of the Terms of Service set out herein.
- Any medium making use of the Site’s content (either with or without express consent from Tales From The Kitchen Shed) must display these Terms and assume full and complete responsibility for their readers’ experience and use of the content.
- The content on Tales From The Kitchen Shed is provided for the purposes of information and entertainment only.
- Whilst taking reasonable care, the owners, officers, employees, trustees, agents, contributors or any other person associated with Tales From The Kitchen Shed make no guarantees regarding the accuracy or completeness of any information on the Site.
- The owners, officers, employees, trustees, agents, contributors or any other person associated with Tales From The Kitchen Shed shall not be liable for any losses or injuries (be they claimed as consequential, indirect or incidental) following the display or use of the Site’s content.
- Except in the instance of blatant gross negligence, users of Tales From The Kitchen Shed explicitly acknowledge and confirm their agreement with Section 4. and Section 5. of the Terms and thereby indemnify the owners, officers, employees, trustees, agents, contributors or any other person associated with Tales From The Kitchen Shed from any liability claimed to arise from the display or use of the Site’s content.
- Users of the Site are taken to be confirming they are not minors and as capable and competent adults they accept full responsibility for their actions.
Tales From The Kitchen Shed is my blog where I share recipes and the odd tale about my kitchen shed.
I do include Amazon affiliate links within posts to products which I use and would recommend. If you buy a product via an affiliate link I may receive a small commission. You will only pay the same price as everyone else, you will not be charged any extra.
Tales From The Kitchen Shed also features paid advertising, which is organised by Mediavine. Advertising placed by Mediavine should not be considered as an endorsement by me or anyone associated with Tales From The Kitchen Shed.
However, if you see a particular advertisement which you feel is a problem, please do make use of the “Report this ad” feature which is displayed alongside each advertisement.