Courgette, Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Muffins – delicious savoury muffins packed with Mediterranean flavour! Perfect for picnics & lunch boxes or even breakfast.
I thought I’d share with you the last of my courgette recipes for this season, a sort of final taste of the summer – or as OH has noted, a temporary end of hostilities in the Courgette Wars. I’m pleased to report that not one of our courgettes has been consigned to the Kitchen Shed compost this year and I’ve still just enough courgettes on the plants to make a single batch of Courgette & Ginger Jam or maybe a Spicy Courgette Chutney.
This recipe is for a flavour packed savoury muffin with the courgette doing a fantastic job of keeping the whole blend soft and moist. These cheesey savoury bites are delicious with the lovely saltiness of the Feta and little pockets of roasted red pepper blending perfectly alongside the basil to deliver a tasty Mediterranean style treat.
Perfect for picnics and lunch boxes or even breakfast.
- 225 g grated courgette
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- Touch of black pepper
- 100 g crumbled Feta
- 50 g roasted red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
You will need a grease and lined 12 hole muffin tin or a 12 hole mini loaf tin
- Place the grated courgette into a colander over a bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
- Leave to drain while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 /200℃ /400℉
- Sieve the plain flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, milk and rapeseed oil in a jug.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and lightly fold in.
- Add the crumbled feta, red pepper and basil and lightly mix.
- Add the squashed grated courgette and mix evenly.
- Evenly distribute the mix into your mini loaf tin (1 heaped tablespoon per hole).
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Bake the muffins or mini loaves for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tins for at least 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Pin Courgette, Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Muffins for later:
I’m entering Courgette, Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Muffins into a few challenges this month:
- Credit Crunch Munch created by Camilla from Fab Food 4 All & Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours & hosted this month by Helen.
- Elizabeth’s No Waste Food Challenge over at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary, hosted this month by Claire at Foodie Quine.
- The Extra Veg Challenge created by Michelle from Utterly Scrummy & Helen from Fuss Free Flavours & hosted this month by Katie over at Feeding Boys.
And linking to: Fiesta Fridays