These tortilla chips are easy to make and taste so much better than shop bought. I’ve used a hot paprika to spice up the tortilla chips but there’re lots of variations you could try: sprinkle with Parmesan, sesame seeds or you could even try a sweet version and use cinnamon.
Serve with guacamole, salsa, refried beans or why not try my Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beans shown in the photo above ?
Homemade Tortilla Chips
At least 48 chips
- Pack of 8 tortillas
- A couple of tablespoons of rapeseed oil or cooking spray
- About 2 tablespoons hot paprika
You will need:
• 2 x large baking trays / cookie sheets lined with baking parchment
• 180℃ / 350℉ / Gas Mark 4
- Take a tortilla and place on your lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle with paprika and brush with oil.
- Turn over, sprinkle with paprika and brush with oil.
- Take another tortilla and place on top of your first tortilla and repeat the process.
- Continue in this way until you have used all your tortillas.
- Cut your tortillas into eight equally sized segments.
- Place the tortilla chips onto 2 baking sheets, fitting on as many as you can. (You will probably need to bake a couple of batches)
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes each side.
- Homemade Tortilla Chips will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.